誕生日

My teenage years ended this month and I became a fully fledged adult. 
NOT
Since I've been young I've been waiting for the day I would 'feel like an adult' but so far that day has not come. I still feel like a child, inexperienced but full of anticipation. I don't see myself ever stopping feeling like this and I don't think I want to..

I don't like making a fuss about my birthday but.. every year I feel so lucky to have the friends and family I have.
I went home to London for my birthday and was taken out for dinner, met up with friends just before the train back to Sheffield and received some beautiful flowers, food and a drink :)
When I arrived in Sheffield, someone was waiting for me and together we ate in this tiny Sri Lankan restaurant. It doesn't look like much but the food is delicious and the people are so friendly!


If that wasn't enough, there were a few more surprises coming..
As I opened the door to get into my flat's building, three people jumped out from behind the stairs!
I was given a giant card and a box filled with chocolatey goodies ! ! !

I was quite dazed so I don't know if I was able to express just how happy and thankful I felt.. (Thank you thank you thank you a million times ! ! !) 
***
Finally, entering my flat, my flatmates were all sitting down watching a show. They were acting a bit suspicious and remembering I hadn't locked my bedroom door and fearing that I had been pranked I quickly went to check it out and-
..
Balloon Therapy
No bubble-wrap, missing furniture or cling-film in sight. Instead, a beautiful cake (R.I.P, thanks guys)  aaaand a bathroom full of balloons ! (Let's ignore the fact that I'm allergic to them.. who doesn't love balloons!)


***
A few days later, I was invited for dinner at a friends place. Again.. I was completely surprised as for dessert.. she whipped out a birthday cake and gave me flowers! Everybody stop being so nice to me!
咲ちゃん本当にありがとう!!!
Too Spoilt #2

***
I don't really know what I've done to deserve all this and so I just feel very lucky to have met all the wonderful people I know :)

I know most of them would probably say: "Shut up Claire, stop being soppy and stop showing off .. oooh you got presents well done people like you go you". but it's my blog so suck it. I just have a lot of feelings ! (Yes I totally did cry at multiple times on my birthday and again a few days later because I'm a massive cry baby and I cry when I'm happy)

Too Spoilt


But anyway.
Thank you every one !

No comments:

Post a Comment