Pre-China II

IneedtopackIneedtopackIneedtopackIneedtopackIneedtopack.

I hate packing. Anybody that has been on holiday with me might have had the pleasure to witness the whole palaver.

It’ll always start quite positively.
A few weeks before departure I’ll start making lists, mental at first and then physical ones. My list on what to pack will slowly become more complex and divide itself into multiple lists.
-Clothes.  
-Clothes for rainy days.
-Tops for rainy days and bottoms for rainy days.
-Short-sleeved tops for rain and long-sleeved tops for rainy days.
 I’ll read blog posts and guides on what people have packed for various different types of trips, how people pack, the ultimate packing list, how to pack effectively, the minimalist guide to packing etc.
This is my mental preparation stage.
Note that no actual packing has started as of yet.

A day or two before departure I will choose luggage. Said luggage will then stay open in my room staring at me longingly and whenever someone asks if I have started/finished packing yet, I’ll quickly answer: ‘yes yes!’, without any hesitation. Little do they know …
An hour or two before departure, a slight panic will start to take over and the packing will commence. Well. Making piles of things I plan on bringing will commence.
After these piles of things are done I will then sit down next to my luggage and stare at them for 10 minutes or so. This is the time it takes me to mentally compute the fact that my piles of things will not fit in my luggage. They definitely will not fit.
And then suddenly, as the possibility of missing my flight starts to form in my head, the adrenaline rush kicks in. And there, in around 10 minutes or so my bag is miraculously packed and all my lists ticked off.
It’s a stressful experience and one which I vow each time to never repeat again and yet repeat every. single. time.

Will the same happen for when I go to China in two days? Most likely considering I have made 4 different lists but not even chosen my luggage yet..
Wish me luck~

***

Someone just brought me a cup full of chocolate and I couldn't be happier right now :) Hurray for kind surprises  



X
x
x


No comments:

Post a Comment